Wednesday 11 February 2015

RAYA FF - Eternal Shades Of Love Part 12

RECAP :

So it seems  he  said.  He  removed his hands from around my hips. Took my hand , kissed it  like  the   knight of the English era . His kiss was as light as feather  but the impact of it felt upto to my toes. Then raised his head and smiled at me. At  that point realised  How much I wanted to see this smile on his face .


 
Priya's POV



Okay  then . Priya let us go the table and join the others .He smiled.Are you hungry he asked ?



 I had no answer, I just nodded my head. Walked along. Thank god he was holding me taking me across the floor to the table, because on my own I don’t think I knew where we were also ,leave alone searching for the table.



 We joined the table , Neha and Shruthi were arguing  with Vikram . We quietly joined them.

Ram  said loudly  arrey baba bas bhi karo,  tum theen kitne ladthe ho.  Yaar ..

Accha  hum ladhte  hain ??? Shruthi  asked . Tu  tho bada  Gandhiji hai na   kabhie  kissi se  lada tha nahi… na

Priya ke samne tu  tho bada accha saccha  banraha hai?  Tera pol Kool doon priya ke samne

 Kya pol koli  gii tho??? Ram asked

Shruthi .. For minute looked at  priya  and said !!  tume na priya  keliya chod dethi hoon. I am sure she will tame you well. I trust her to bring you around

 She   stretched and hugged me   …  and  told priya  just  take care of  him for me will you  He  is such a Golu.

   I knew   this  was not joke any more,  this was a friend  who was  talking to me  asking  me take   care of Ram  .  I acknowledged her by simply hugging her back and whispering I will into her ear.

I know she’s one of those women who doesn’t tolerate fools gladly.  I Like Shruthi ,   something about her which connects  to me .   She gives Ram a pointed stare, and after an awkward beat, he takes his cue.

Then I looked back at Ram  he was looking at  me  with  an intensity. The waiter came in at the right time  to take the  order.

Dinner was simply superb. Ram and Vikram  kept  needling Shruthi and Neha.  These two also gave it back to them as good as they got it. I loved looking at theirexchange . .    I never   knew   how the time flew.   I think we had  everything on the menucard  to be ordered. I was so full. I had time of my life.  Atlast Ram broke the party  said it is  time to sleep.   Let us meet tomorrow morning at the breakfast. I have something planned for tomorrow



 I got up, Ram  held my hand . We left the table said our Goodbyes. Wewalked down the path. We reached the room.   I came in first ,  looked at ram said   I will change. He nodded his head.  I went in changed . I came out    got inside the duvet quietly and closed my eyes.



Ram came out, after 10 minutes,  He knew I was  not sleeping . I was holding  my breath waited  for  his next move he came  close to me and Priya  Thank you for dancing with me, Good nightI……and……nothing  just Good night .  I knew  he wanted  to say something he Turned  away without waiting for my reply went to  the bed  switched off the lights.

I wanted to tell him  , I enjoyed myself today … all the  events of the days flashed before my eyes. Bought a smile to my lips. After long time  my heart felt light.. fear receded to the background.





Next day Morning

Good Morning !!!. a gruff voice  woke me up . I looked up it was Ram.  I just said Good Morning.. I saw   him standing dressed in Khaki cargos and white cotton shirt in front of the French windows . The shades had opened, sun was streaming in through the opening. I thought it was late , looked at  my watch it was just 7.30. in the morning are  you going somewhere I asked.



o we are  … he replied  we are going for drive up to Pondicherry .So if you want to come you have to get ready ASAP. There was a sense of  happiness in him  but  there was slight fear of rejection also hidden in his  eyes. I wanted the happiness, so I said Yes   give me 15 minutes I will be ready.



Okay  good . I will wait outside check on those lazy bones. Get ready  okay …  he smiled a dazzling smile which  filled my heartwith a brilliance unmatched even by the morning sun



I got  up …  was filled up  with happiness and  was expecting   repeat  of yesterday . I got ready as soon as  I can . Came out, Ram was  talking to a tall Gentleman, I couldn’t see his face but  I knew the conversation was serious one. Ram  looked   up  saw me coming he immediately he signalled the gentleman   to stop. He  smiled , but there was certainnervousness, I have never seen that  in Ram before. I joined them

Ram Introduced me to the Gentleman    his name  was  Mr Piyush  Shah, a lawyer. When  I heard the word lawyer then I understood  why  Ram was nervous. I just  nodded my head. My fear was once again raising  its ugly head. Ram  was looking at me , with rapt concentration. I wanted to excuse myself. I tried to turn , Ram called me.

Priya  , Piyush  is our lawyer who is going to   fight our case. He has come here to meet  you that’s all.

 When I still was not looking  or answering  him. Ram excused himself from Piyush  , Piyush   left for his room

Ram  then  came to me and said”Priya  I know your are scared, I am  there with you  infact we all there my family ,your family Neha vikram  Shruthi  and Piyush  are there with  you.  Will always be there. Piyush is one of finest  lawyers.   We have to fight this ,  we need to put that animal in jail. It is not just for  you   but for all those woman who underwent the torture, none of them are alive. We need  your evidence  to nail him.   You have to be strong , you  have fought  him for One year  all alone , now you  have everybody with  you you shouldn’t be so scared .  I am not going to push you today   to talk  about it  but think about it .  Take your time . Piyush is going to be there with us you can talk to him when you want to.  , when your are confident .  Till then nobody here will force you . Okay

I  nodded . There was tears in my eyes. How will he knew me, I didn’t even say a word but he understood what  I thinking  about .

Seeing the tears in my eyes. Ram said please Priya don’t cry .. I can’t stand it  please. If you don’t want to do it  we will drop it now. We will go from here.. forget the whole damn  thing. Nothing is more important   I can’t see you  like this..  I will talk to  Piyush.. He started to leave

I called out Ram and caught his hand  Ram  wait .. I will talk to  Piyush .but

Ram was surprised by  my answer  “”you will “’ he asked unbelievingly .

Yes ,,but  I again started  couldn’t put words to my fear

 Ram somehow understood What I was saying Don’t worry  we will do it . I will be there with you in very step  . I will never leave you. Just trust me everything will be fine. Okay



 I just nodded  my head, Ram tapped my  hand I looked up, He smiled. And  left to talk to Piyush

I looked at  this man my Man  , he has done everything for me   never asking anything for himself .In this  relationship of ours  I have taken all that he has given but never given anything back not even 10% of what  he given  Oh  howwish  I could be what he wants to me to be  .. I don’t know how.. but Iam sure going  to try

   Oh  oh ….   kaun hai  jo humari priya dek rahi  bina palak jabake.. hai hai

Turned  round and looked it was Neha …

 Kuch nahi  I said trying  to  evade the answer

Hai Hai .. somebody is blushing …. Neha

Come on yaar , kuch nahi.

Kya hua  Neha,. Priya  ethni lal lal tamtar jaise kyun hai  asked Shruthi joining

Kuch nahi shruthi bas.. esayee apne pati ko dehek rahi hai madamji

Accha   Agar  yeh Apne pati sirf ko dekhane se kar itni lal ho rayee.. just imagine neha..

Hey Shruthi bas bas!!!  I said Before  she  could continue. I knew where this conversation was leading .

Shruthi  , Mr Piyush  the lawyer has come.Ram is talking to him right now

Oh…   Shruthi said When did he come,  he didn’t tell me he was going come today

I noticed  Shruthi  was immediately distracted.. She was looking at  where Ram and Piyush where talking

 Okay  let  me go and   see what is happening..  Shruthi left leaving Neha  and Me

I turned around  saw Neha smiling … Neha , I wanted know something, Shruthi is such nice girl ,   where is  her family

Shruthi has nobody in this world ,  Her father left her mother and  married an actress, after  that he never bothered to contact her or her mother. 15 years ago  He died in car accident with  another women.

Her mother I asked

She died  2 years before  her father died.  She tried to reach  her father as per her mother last request that bastard  refused  to even acknowledge her



 Her mother   had no money or anything, Shruthi  had very tough childhood.  You know how kids can be,  priya at school they really used to bully her a lot because of her living and dressing . They used pick on her. That is when our heroes got into the picture and helped her out. These two took her under their wing , supported her. Financially and emotionally.

She was married also , then  that didn’t  work out  .  But somehow,  Shruthi has  never let her spirits down. She has this  never say die attitude which has  really helped her   , she is really survivor. But sometimes I see a loneliness in her eyes , she will accept  it  but  I know she  is lonely. I just wish  she meets some nice who  fill her loneliness up give her a family she wants.

I was now looking at Shruthi with  totally different perspective. Her innerstrength awed me.

Neha  continued  Priya ,  They say She is the Best FBI profiler . She took a sabbatical to help your case, the minute she knew   you were Ram’s wife. In  The last case she  caught a  serial sexual offender who  playing hide seek with law in US for 4 years. It was a prime time news. 

 That is our Shush  for you. Real wonder girl

Yes  I said  quietly  quite awed but  past of this  petite girl.

Are you guys talking about me …. I and Neha were so engroseed  in conversation we had not noticed shruthi coming in

Yes,  we were  so what Neha asked with a smile

Neha ! yaar  I hope  you have not told priya about my dirty dark secrets. Priya just don’t believe her. She is tends exaggerate things.

I just told Priya how nice you were. If you think that is exaggerating .. I will tell  her thatyou are not

How sweet Neha !! Love you neha darling…. She hugged  Neha

Neha .. asked  where  our husbands  when are we leaving…?? And another thing  tell all about that Piyush  the lawyer guy… He looks very hot  . For what I have heard about  him he is  those Ivy league lawyers  who earn in lakhs per hr. kind of guy

Arey Neha sharm kar, you are already married … Shruthi tried to remind her

Arey  darling me apni leeye thodi pooch rahi hoon yeh sab tere liya  tho pooch rahi.

Accha tum itni acchi who,,,



Nissandhe- ah  me ek pativratha nari hoon.. Mujhe vikram ke elava aur kuch nahi dekha yee detha

Ah ah  Maate …  Shruthi said folding her hands.

Neha  asked accha chal baatna,, shruthi Piyush ke bhare me  I know  you like him

Hey Neha ….. kya yaar .. we are just friends

Ahaan ahaan pata hai just friends ki bacchii, jab se aye hai tum uski  ko dekh rahi hai. Priya  am right  na?

I said , Yes shruthi  there  is something fishy here. I agree with Neha in this

Shruthi said  arey meri bhabhijis aisa kuch nahi  hai ….  Agar tum  logo ki baatein meri  Sur veer sher duno Bhaiyoon ko  patha chalega tho … duno hi Piyush  ko  haal behaal kardegi. Please don’t  talk loudly like that we need Piyush for the case

I asked.. so it  just Only for the case , not for you is it

 Before Shruthi could answer … Ram came in,. What is happening? What are you guys talking  about

Shruthi hurriedly  nothing… just about  the case

Neha  said”  Piyush “” pointedly looking at Shruthi

Ram  asked  what about  Piyush?? Shush  what is  it?

Shruthi was silently giving pleading glances to us ….

I said.. nothing  just  how good Piyush is as lawyer

Oh Okay  Ram  said and then turned to Neha and asked where is your husband. We are getting late we need  to get on the road. and   have invited piyush also

 OOOh piyush also is  coming  then it is going to be fun…. Na shruthi …. Neha asked

Shruthi said yes  yes  why not Yaar  it will be fun  he is coming  and gave dirty look at Neha

 Neha then Saw vikram coming  from the other end. Lo  agaya  Mera baby

Ram  turned around and  saw His friend walking down the pathway to meet them  called out from here chalna Vikram.. we need  to go

 Then all Six  of us  piled up into  a van Ram had hired.

 It was a beautiful drive started out with typical South Indian Breakfast,  then we drove down the ECR road. Stopping at Mahabilipuram .We Gaced  at monolith structures and walking through age old  pallava sculptures , the  town was full of interesting temples, including the windswept Shore Temple right on the water’s edge.  We had lunch  at The Wharf .. From tandoori to Italian, the cuisine of The Wharf is authentic, fresh and innovative.  We  soaked in the Bay of Bengal atmosphere while savouring grilled meats, seafood or delicate pastas. The accompany enthralling. Piyush was more relaxed,  and was looking Shruthi with awe. He was definitely interested in shruthi .Neha and Vikram  I think took enough pictures to  fill 10 albums.   Seeing them made me think of my relationship with Ram .. Neha and Vik  were so at ease with each other. I wanted that .I don’t know where we were in our relationship. I don’t know  when I will be able regain my confidence, every time.  I pick up my courage to  touch  him, my fear creeps back My throat drys up, words fail. I am stuck in my trepidations

 We drove in the afternoon to Aurobeach  near Pondicherry enjoying  , Sun kissed sands and salted sea breeze. We sat there looking setting sun, and the hues it spread across the evening sky.  It was time to leave ….  We stopped  at  Kipling cafĂ©  housed in  colonial house on sands of the beach , Set in large gardens. It had small cozy bungalows for intimate dining experience  which offered space for lot privacy..

We had light dinner. Hit the road again

By the time we reached the hotel we were tired. , we said our good night at reception. I and Ram walked to our private villa, I tripped on cobbled steps, Ram caught me in his arms. And our eyed met. A sensation passed through me.Kiss me  Ram! I Silently implored through my eyes him, but I can’t move. I’m paralyzed with a strange, unfamiliar need and fear , completely captivated by him. I’m staring at Ram’s exquisitely sculptured mouth, mesmerized, and he’s looking down at me, his gaze hooded, his eyes darkening. He’s breathing harder than usual, and I’ve stopped breathing altogether. I’m in your arms. Kiss me, please. He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and gives me a small shake of his head as if in answer to my silent question. When he opens his eyes again, it’s with some new purpose, a steely resolve. He has his hands on my shoulders, holding me at arm’s length, watching my reactions carefully. And the only thing I can think is that I wanted to be kissed, made it pretty damned obvious, and he didn’t do it.  I could see and  feel he  was  using  tremendous will power to control  himself. He shook his head as if to clear his thought. And asked If I iwas okay.

I was  far from okay . I just nodded, ashamed  of myself.Ram  put his fingers under my chin and lifted my  face. To  meet his eyes. Priya he said.. I want you ..  never doubt that ,and never be ashamed of out your feeling.. Iknow you require some time. We will to  take it one step at a time. I will touch you  only when you are completely trust me and your feelings  . I don’t want you regert it later. For me it  just not joining of bodies it something more than that. I don’t want your fear and insecurities to mar it. He said hugged  me, right there at the entrance of our villa, kissed me softly on my forehead. You  go to bed , I will join you in half an hour



I nodded, entered the room


Ram's POV 



 I left priya at the doorstep of our villa and walked away from her , It took all my willpower to turned down the offer of  her eyes. I wanted her so much that  I could actually taste it. I would have moved few steps when I heard a scream. It was priya screaming. For minute  , fear ran though spine. I ran back to the room. Priya came out running to me  ,  Caught  hold of  her asked what happened,

She couldn’t say anything, she was shivering , there was fear in eyes. She just pointed at  the villa.. I asked Priya  are you okay. When She didn’t reply I shook her …  answer me  priya  are you okay ? She nodded ,  Let me go and check the room,  She caught my shirt hard , refused to let me go. I said okay  come with me .. She panicked  further. Priya Priya just listen to me .. Iam there .nothing will happen. Just  Come with me let  me see. I pulled her along . , her body was shaking, I didn’t know if  she  could walk   I held  her close to my body shielding her incase there was someone  or something was still inside. Took  her inside the room 

.     At first  I didn’t see it,  then priya pointed at the bed , there was blood soaked dupatta on the bed.  It was Shaped like a heart. and the mattress on the bed was  sliced apart . I Looked up saw a masked man  , I tired to reach him he waved his hand something sliced through my hand ,a pain distracted me  before I could  regain he ran out of the room through the sit out







Author
Priya Ramkumar

2 comments:

Post a Comment