Thursday 15 January 2015

RAYA FF - It Happened One Night Part 6



Recap :  


She  knew  what he meant , She nodded her  head,

Okay  then I can call  you tomorrow, and you  will come na ?? he asked  .. There was insecurity  tinged in his words and  a fear of rejection  in his eyes .He looked so earnest, so boyishly serious, that it was a hard battle not to throw her arms around him and attempt to  comfort him.
She said .. Yes I would be there.!!!! She smiled a smile  with  all the love  she could muster.

Chapter 6….

The twist of  fate   happened..



 Karthik, when did you come  Bhai? As she entered her flat she saw  Karthik sitting  in the  hall waiting for her

Abhi Di , Where were you ?  I was worried. I didn’t know where you were.    Nobody knew where you went.I called shruthi  di also , she  also didn’t know where you went.


  I didn’t go  anywhere, I  went to Chowpathy  for a walk as usual .  Met  one of my old friends   after ages  one thing led to another and it got late. If you had told me I wouldn’t have  gone . She didn’t  want talk about Ram now to Karthik. Things were too  nascent  for her to talk about it . Anyway there was nothing  to talk about  , she loved ram yes,but  she didn’t even know if Ram loved her.

Who is this friend ? do  I   know her ?

 No  You don’t ,  it is him not her by the way  ,I got in touch with him at Pune when I went there for vacation.. And  accidental met him again  on the beach .

 So  anything  interesting ? Karthik asked trying to dig  out more

 No .. No  Bhai.. nothing  Just  Friends..

Are you sure ? He asked  with  curiosity .

Yes  Bhai… Now tell me why are you  here   ? that to so suddenly ? she askedtrying to change  the topic

Because of you  di, you  are not feeling well and  you are not going to the Doctor  also . Shruthi di  told  me  that  last week  again  you had fever, but again  you didn’t  go to the Doctor.
Di  this is really not right . You  should go to the dr .  I took a break  came here to take  you to the  doctor and get the test done. 

But Karthik ? it is just a fever

  No di ,  this fever  of yours  has been regular  feature, the frequency  has also increased . We need to do some test. We can’t  let   it this go like this.. I have  already made appointment with the Doctor and  also with lab  so  tomorrow morning . We need to go


Tomorrow ? but  why did do  that without asking me

 What is wrong with tomorrow, it is Sunday  , Doctor  said he will be there in the hospital tomorrow because  he has some emergency  case, so asked us to meet him there. He  said he will prescribe the test  there.   He  asked us to  give blood routines in the morning  in fasting ,  then come down and meet  him at 10.

But I have to meet someone tomorrow.

 Tell them    you will meet them  next week.

No karthik that is not possible. I have to meet them tomorrow.

Are you meeting them in morning?  he asked

 No I don’t know, we  have not fixed the time yet .

Okay then tell them you will meet them in the evening di, tell them  you have Dr’s appointment   I am sure they will understand .

But Karthik,,, No  Di  tomorrow we  are going to   the Doctor that is final.

But Karthik.. please yaar..?

Di.. listen   to  me … holding  her hands tightly ..Please you’re the most important  person  in my life.  You have done so much  for  us, I am sure  even if papa and mama  were there,  I don’t think  they would have done so much .. So  I can’t  see you like this. If something happens  to you  I don’t know what I will do.. I don’t want  to  lose you di

 Karthik .. stop this  bhai  , nothing is wrong with me I am not going anywhere

Let  the Doctor tell that na… until dr  says everything  is okay .. I am not going to leave  you   di Please .. Please Di  promise me  you  will come with me tomorrow to the Doctor

 Karthik what is wrong with you..

Nahi di  .. please di .. there were  genuine tears in his eyes now.

 Okay Baba .. Okay I will do it.  Okay   Now tell me  did  you have dinner

No di, I didn’t .. how will I ?  another  reason  I  came  here was that  missed  your haath  ka khana di..

Accha …  Then  rest of this was just  cover up, you actually came here to eat  na saach bolo..

Nahi  di sachi…

Okay I know.. Just wait  let me  make some Khichadhi  and  khadi for  you ..

 Thanks di.. I will freshen up  and Join you in the kitchen , in 10 minutes. And you  can then  tell me about this mystery friend of yours.

 Arey,,,  before she could continue.. he had  already  left the hall,was already inside the  room to freshen up


KM

Ram  reached  Km, he was so happy  first  time in his life he felt  happiness in its truest form.    He didn’t know  if he could sleep today, H is thoughts were full her , her smile, her twinkling eyes  her fragrance he could still smell it .

Bansi Kaka  came in , said  there  is call for you . It is from your US office, they said it was important


MR Kapoor .. This is Matt ,

Yes Matt, What is  it .

Sir there is huge issue  with   KI Pharma  FDA  has withdrawn  licenses for 70  of  our drugs . During a routine test  they found that  the  some  chemicals used are  from  the  FDA banned list . Till further investigation they have closed all our factories, also  issued  a notice of withdrawal  of all our  Drugs from  the market . Banned all our  imports

What ? When did this happen?.

Today . when did  investigation come to office.

Last week.  ?
Why was I  not informed about it ?Don’t we monitor  our process, how did 70  drugs  use banned FDA formulations.. 

Yes… there has  been  an internal  process control failure. We are trying to  figure it out .

Mr Kapoor, in London  also  the same  kind report as come up during  the routine

 We are trying to   contact   are  European   company also  to check  there also.  There are  doing it .


Matt listen to  me, I will catch  the  first flight tomorrow to US  I  will be there   in a days’ time.

 Please call in all the heads   of  KI  PHARMA across the globe , especially the manufacturing  head , the Supply head  ,  Research head and  Security head

Please arrange an appointment with  Congress men Mr. Wainwright , I would like to meet him   and explain the situations. Asked  Matt to Issue orders  asking  all countries to withdraw all 70 drugs from  the market across the global.

But Mr kapoor? If we withdraw   the cost would enormous Ki will not be able to afford it .

Matt , let me handle   it  ,  we cannot afford  it  lose our integrity   Matt.. This is the time to show   that we believe doing  business with integrity and follow ethical practice.

 After giving  more instructions to Matt   he  dis, Ram wanted to call Vikram  then  remembered it was Vikram’s anniversary  , so he didn’t want to disturb  him. Instead  he called   his  assistant  asked him to  inform  Vikram tomorrow  to give  Matt  a call to get the details.

Ram then called   his  Travel division asked them  to book the tickets  in the first flight. The earliest flight was tomorrow  morning  that  is today late night.  He had no choice but to go with  it . But  he was disappointed that  he  couldn’t not meet Priya now.   He had to call her to  tell  about it .

He  called her up,  she picked  up the  phone on the second ring.


 Priya !!! This  is Ram here.

 Mr  Kapoor,  is everything fine  there

  Everything fine , Just  wanted to talk to you

 Priya felt  happy that  Ram missed her .

Yes tell me Mr Kapoor

Nothing  I need to go  to US  tomorrow night.. there  is urgent  issue  that has come up.  My presence there is very essential.

It is about  our  date. Sorry  our programme tomorrow.
Is there  a problem ..  

Yes  there  is problem  can we postpone it by  ten days.

 Why  What happened    Mr Kapoor .

Nothing !!! just business problems.  I need to go to US tomorrow night.. there is a urgent  issue  that has come up.

 Priya was disappointed to say the least  her heart dipped  she had  been so excited about meeting him , talking to   him and just being with  him .

Priya ..  he called her are you there
 Yes Mr Kapoor she  couldn’t  get the words  disappointment as  tears were clogging her throat not allowing her to talk.
Sorry !!  Priya, I need to go  I just cant avoid it , If  I could  I would have , but … I hope you understand .

Yes Mr Kapoor  I understand , work is   important .. Please you don’t have to give  me explanation it’s okay we will meet when you come back. 
Next question, made her heart do somersault .

Can I come there now,  he asked ..

She almost said  Yes.. But remembered that Karthik was very much present  and  this time she wanted to  meet  him  alone.. Without any interruptions.

At home, is it ?  it is just that my brother  has come down to meet me…   then she thought to herself ...she  was just not  sure how Kartik will take  it   he was already asking to many questions about  her mystery  friend.   Her relationship with  Ram was  still   not secure  enough..  she couldn’t even give it  a name .At this juncture , She didn’t want Kartik   to  interfere . She didn’t want  any  unnecessary pressure on Ram or her.. she wanted  to take it one day at a time . 

Oh then what…. He asked .

Mr Kapoor we will meet  when you  come back .. you will be back in 10 days right .

Yes definitely , I will try  to make it before then  but maximum 10 days.


Then  it okay Mr Kapoor, Have a safe  journey . Have  you packed ?

 Yes all that   is done in another 1 hr  I will  be leaving for airport.
Oh Okay .. there was  awkward silence  both  wanted  to say  100 things and but  just couldn’t muster enough courage to say it .

And Priya  take care … okay . I will call you at  same  time tomorrow  .

Okay  then  Mr  Kapoor  Bye

Bye  Priya… He kept the phone down , but  his mind  his heart was still with her.. He wanted to see  her but  how….

She missed him,  the minute he kept the phone down  she missed him . How is she going to spend the next 10  days  without him…


   She went to bed knowing sleep would not come,  her thoughts  were filled with Ram.    She wanted to see him..  was she  idiot  tp say no when Ram asked her  if he could come , why couldn’t she say yes…   First  time in  her life she wished Karthik  hadn’t come today, couldn’t Karthik come  day later…  but nothing  could be done now,  She looked at the watch  again.  Ram would  have started for the airport by now…. 


 The  phone rang  again, she   knew it would be  Mr Kapoor, he must  be calling from airport , how did he reach airport so fast …? She thought ..

Mr Kapoor .. She asked

 How did  you know it was me? He  asked

 Just knew … have you  reached the airport 

No not yet , Iam calling from  my Cell phone..

Oh … You know what a cell phone is right ..

Please Mr Kapoor , I know  what it is … I cant afford it but  definitely  know what it  is.

 Where are you …  he asked

Mr Kapoor  where would I be at  home… In the hall..

Is your hall light on ?

What ?  no ? why are you asking

 Can you switch it on for me  please

What ? What is wrong with you ?

Priya… please for one time in your life would you please do what I say without arguing

 OKAY !! She pouted.. I must say there is something definitely  wrong with you today

Will  you please do it

Okay okay I am doing it.  She switched on the light .. wondering what he was upto

Good  now  come to  the window.. and look out
What?

 Just come  keep your receiver down and come to the  window don’t disconnect  just keep it down

 What ?
 Just do I say and come

Okay she  kept  the receiver down . Walked to the window and looked out … outside her window, on the road stood a man  … her man  in his  trade mark  suit  only   this  time the  suit was hanging  from his  arm , he had not worn it . He  was casually leaning  against the car  .

 He waved out to her…. She was stunned . Mr Kapoor here in the middle of the night …

 She ran back to  the landline. What are you doing  in  here.. I thought you were supposed to leave for the airport.

Yes .. but I just wanted to see you  before I go.

Those simple  words made her feel special, Her chest was tingling, her stomach was turning cartwheels, and her knees felt like melted butter.

 Just a minute  she said, slowly   walked  closing   Karthik’s room door,  Walked out  her flat picking her key. Ran down   the stairs , to  meet the man  standing  down waiting for her. She slowed down when  she  neared the  sleeping watch man   . She  gently  opened the gate , of the flat trying very hard  minimize the creaking  sound. The Gate  cooperated with her , it didn’t make a sound.  She ran  to  see him. She cocked her head. The man , although not  lean, was tall  he  had  long legs , with broad shoulders and firmly muscled thighs.

Priya knew she wasn't supposed to notice such things, but  those legs were stretched out before her , made her notice those things how was she to be blamed . More to the point, he had a certain air about him, something almost predatory, something that hinted of  tightly controlled strength and power

What are doing here? She asked . still not able to believe  he was here, actually  standing here in front of her. Standing before  him

 I just told you , That  I wanted to see you. Not much  time left , I need to leave  to the  airport in another 3 minutes, If I want to  catch the  plane, so just let me  tell you  something  I being wanting to tell you .

  Priya , He said, there are things which  are needed to be sorted  in my  business right now. I hoping this would  settle soon. when  I come back , I want to continue from where we left off today.  Today  was the one of  the  most beautiful day of my  life.  Iam greedy , I want more of this..  I just  couldn’t go without  telling you  this . So  had  to see you  There are things you need to know about me, and  things I need to know about you  too..... will you be there for me  when I come back.

 His eye were shinning  in the  dark night,  She didn’t want  to read it because she was scared  reading too much  into it …


Ram caught her gaze, his eyes burning hot and intense into hers. A warning bell sounded in his mind.
He wanted her. He wanted her so desperately  but he could not now, he remembered what happened  when he  kissed without her permission  any way they were standing  in  the middle  of the  road.  His sense of  propriety kicked in .. No .. The Next time  he kissed  would when  she also wanted it  as much as he wanted  it . ….


Yes Mr Kapoor I   will be there ,  she slowly placed hand on his arm . Ram  responded instantly; the warmth of her touch flooded him, seeping through his body until it caressed his very soul.

And in that moment he realized that this was about more than love. This woman made him a better person. He had been good and strong and kind before, but with her at his side, he was something more. And together they could do anything.  

 They stood there for two minutes looking at each other, trying to absorb every feature  of the other's face  and encrypting  it  to their memory … hoping 10 days would pass off like  10 minutes.. 

But it didn’t  ,those 10 days became  10 years , that was the  last time they saw each other … fate played  its hand ,   they were torn apart  by fate’s cruel hands. Fate  made them choose between love  and life ,  and they choose  their love  …. But  just not  in their life ..

After 10 years ,fate  once  again bought   them  to together…  will it this time give them a life together with their with love…


Author 

Priya RamKumar



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely...

Unknown said...

Wonderful update

Unknown said...

Nice update

samyukta said...

beautifully written....would love to have another quick update..thanks.

Post a Comment